Discover the Virginia countryside on horseback
The rolling terrain of Middleburg provides the serene canvas for Washington, D.C.’s horse country
Join us for a ride
With more than 400 equestrian events including polo, steeplechases, horse shows and the internationally recognized Gold Cup, it is not surprising that more U.S. Olympic riders have elected to train in the area over any other region in the country.
The Equestrian program is open to the public. Please make all reservations 24 hours in advance.
Preference in scheduling will be given to resort guests.
Salamander Resort & Spa has built one of the finest equestrian facilities and programs in the country.
- 25 on-site acres dedicated to the equestrian facility.
- Stunning, 14,000-square-foot stable featuring 22 stalls and a classroom/dining venue.
- Nine beautiful paddocks, ranging in size from 1 – 2.6 acres.
- A spectacular 120' x 240' outdoor riding arena with ThorTurf footing.
- Access to ride through scenic Virginia countryside; the resort consists of 340 acres with 200 placed into conservation easement.
- Gentle ponies for children's rides and lessons.
- Riders and horses appropriately matched for trail rides and lessons.
- Overnight boarding in our luxurious Stable.
For additional information, please email us.
For additional information about our Overnight Boarding, please call 540-326-4085.